ISO 9001 is an international standard that helps organizations regardless of their size and type to improve management processes and achieve quality. There are requirements to be ISO 9001 certified organization, when these requirements are met the organization can demonstrate its ability to consistently provide products and services that abide by customers’ quality requirements and promote continuous improvement. ISO 9001 quality standardization is firmly established around the world and acknowledged by organizations in all industry sectors to help in competing locally and globally.
Steps of implementing ISO 9001
- Affirm commitment and support from upper management.
- Determine requirements
- Define processes and procedures
- Define scope
- Implement processes and procedures
- Provide training programs
- Prepare staff to pass the internal and external audit.
- Review on a regular basis ISO 9001 system to make sure it is effective and continually improving
Benefits of ISO 9001 for your business
- Better internal management
- Increase efficiency, productivity and profit
- Improved customer retention and acquisition
- Globally recognized standard
- Less wastage
- Consistent outcomes, measured and monitored
- Improved reporting and communications
- Minimizes mistakes
- Better quality products and service