Business Analyst Course Objectives
- Understand the role of the business analyst
- Discuss industry standards/resources for obtaining more information about business analysis
- Acquire a solid understanding of the various tasks/activities that comprises business analysis
- Recognize the pre and post project business analysis activities
- Learn how to plan, elicit, analyze, model, and test requirements
None Requisites for
• Introduction to Business Analysis
• Who is Business Analyst?
• Why become a Business Analyst?
• Characteristics of Business Analyst
• Role of Business Analyst
• Development Team Structure
Definition of Industry Abbreviations
• Business Requirement Document (BRD)
• Functional Requirement Document (FRD)
• Software Development Life Cycle (SDLC)
• Joint Application Development Session (JAD Session)
• User Acceptance Testing (UAT)
Definition of Industry Terms
• Lockup Sessions
• Project Charter
• Business Modeling
• Sand Box Environment
• and Many more…
Software Development Life Cycle (SDLC)
• Introduction of SDLC
• Need of a BA in SDLC
• Phases of SDLC
Use Case and Use Case Narratives
• What are Use Case and Use Case Narrative?
• Relationship between Use Cases
• How to write Use Cases?
• Use Case Narrative Flows
• Primary Flow
• Alternative Flow
• Exceptional Flow
Unified Modeling Language (UML) Diagrams
• Introduction of UML
• What are Behavioral and Structural Diagrams?
• UML Diagrams Units
• How to make Use Case Diagram
• How to make State Diagram
• How to make Activity Diagram
• How to make Swim Lanes
• How to Create Wire Frames using Axure and Microsoft Visio?
FRD (Functional Requirement Document)
• Introduction to Functional Requirement Document
• Understanding FRD syntax
• How to create a Functional Requirement Document?
• How to write Gap Analysis Document?
Software Engineering Process
• Introduction of Software Engineering Processes
• Types of Software Engineering Processes
• Waterfall method
• RUP (Rational Unified Process)
• Agile Method
• Enterprise Architect
• Rational Requisite Pro
• Introduction of Software Testing
• Role of BA in Testing
• Creating Test Cases
• Manual and Automation Testing method
• Testing Types
o Functional Testing
o GUI and Unit Testing
o Black Box Testing
o Performance Testing
o Regression Testing
o User Acceptance Testing
- Lectures: 60 Hours.
- Lab: 14 Hours.
P IV 1000 1 GB RAM
- Lab Assignments: 40 %
- Exam: 60 %