By the end of the course, learners will be able to:
- Understand the meaning of effective communication, functions of communication and the communication process.
- Communicate with individuals at workplace in comprehensible and efficient way.
- Conduct messages using different delivery techniques and tools, including open-ended questions, metaphors, illustrations and effective words.
- Evaluate advantages and disadvantages of different organizational communication channels, so trainee chooses the correct channel to use, without committing mistakes or receiving negative comments from managers, colleagues or clients, in different work situations.
- Develop successful verbal, non-verbal, written and oral communication, and recognize the advantages/ disadvantages of each communication type. And use body language, facial expressions and voice intonation to emphasis messages.
- Understand and overcome with different barriers to communications.
- Adopt active listening and providing feedback skills.
- Observe, interpret and analyze situations based of different perceptions.
- Compare different organizational communication flows, networks and challenges in order to reflect on the trainee’s organization and fully explain how communication works currently and how it should be.
None Requisites for None
- What is Communication?
- Classifications and Functions of Communication
- Basic Communication Process
- Johari Window
- 4 Cs of Communication
- Communication Channels
- Types of Communication
- Barriers to Communication
- Active Listening
- Techniques of Communication
―Art of Questioning
- Factors Affect Communication Quality
- Ladder of Inference
- Organizational Communication
- Personality Types Theories
- Lecture: 12 Hours
- Laboratory: N/A
- Credit: 1 Hour
- Class Attendance: 10 Marks
- Assignments: 90 Marks
Written Exam:100 Marks
Self-study: 3 Hours