Effective Presentation Skills(Soft Skills Category)
At the end of the course, learners will be able to:
- Recognize the importance of presentation skills for career development.
- Identify the reasons that cause unbearable presentations and poor audience engagement.
- Formulate SMART objective for a presentation.
- Identify audience expectations, knowledge, experience, culture and interests.
- Prepare and plan for a professional presentation with high impact.
- Organizing ideas and information using map of ideas.
- Recognize and understand different presentation structures and styles, and when and how to use each.
- Build logical and impressing presentation, develop an introduction, capture the audience attention by using presentation openers, organize the body of the presentation, use transitions, and conclude the presentation.
- Use clear, impressive and meaningful slides and visuals.
- Build strong audience rapport while persuading and influencing to gain acceptance of proposals or new ideas.
- Use visual aids, supporting material, demonstrations, charts and question-and-answer techniques.
- Deliver a presentation with confidence, and use nonverbal communication aids.
- Learn how to overcome stage fright and tension.
- Handle different types of audience effectively, and understand why audience fail to listen.
- Adopt professional body language and clear voice, and avoid distracting or casual gestures.
- Dress-up professionally for a business presentation.
Effective Communication Skills
- Effective Interviewing Skills.
―Importance and functions of presentations
―Preseasons for unbearable presentations
―Why audience fail to listen
―Presentation purpose and SMART objective
―Preparing the presentation content and supporting material
- Building a presentation
―Develop an introduction and choose a presentation opener
―Organize the body of the presentation
―Effective conclusion and closing techniques
- Presentation delivery
―Communicating the message of the presentation
―Body language and voice
―Handle questions effectively
―Dress to impress
- Stress management for presentations
―Performance anxiety symptoms and causes
―Strategies to deal with anxiety
- Lecture: 18 Hours
- Laboratory: N/A
- Credit: 2 Hours
- Class Attendance: 10 Marks
- Final Presentation: 90 Marks
Final Presentation:100 Marks
Self-study: 12 Hours